Astronomy Course

The Astronomy Course materials for the Open University's S194 course have arrived. Flipping through the book it looks like one of those courses where you have to remember lots of facts, and also have to do practical things too.

The course starts on the 12th, so I'll be spending time getting the resources lined up and in readable forms. If I can get them all into one convenient OneNote file that I can access from Laptop, PC and elsewhere then I can study in a 'portable' manner.

I'll find a nice little cloud to put them all on, or dump it all in SkyDrive.

Stacking Images

In other news, I'm currently working out how to stack astronomical images to improve piture quality and resolution. Apparently sticking a web-cam on to my telescope, taking a large sequence of images and sticking them in Registax is the way forward for this.

Comments