Holiday

Just got back from the South West, Noss Mayo to be precise.

Spent a happy few days there, did some rambling, saw some ponies on Dartmoor, and decided that I love the Great Outdoors.

Being outside in hilly landscape, watching the weather systems change and evolve, seeing wild animals in their natural habitat and generally breathing fresh air beats a day of shopping hands down, even in heavy rain. I have a few photos, but not many, because I simply forgot to take them.

I have also decided that I prefer travelling by coach to train. It always used to be the other way around, but these days rrains are dirty, stupidly expensive and full of screaming chav kids. National Express, by comparison, was very inexpensive, comfortable, and reasonably enjoyable to boot. The only downside was the fact that it was 5 hours from Plymouth to Victoria, and four hours from Victoria to home. Ah well... Can't have it all I guess. Still, comfort plus saving £200-odd was worth it.

I'd like to go back, this time with a mountain bike, a map, a compass and some other stuff. Maybe next spring. I'd also like to hike around the Lake District at some point too, perhaps rent a cabin for a week.

Comments