Dustland

Resident Dust
The guys who have been drilling holes in the walls and inserting pins have gone. I am alone in my castle now, and there's a thin layer of terracotta talcum powder over everything.

If you attack a brick wall with a drill and a masonry bit, it generates a large amount of fine pink dust, even for the smallest hole. The fifty-odd, inch-wide, two-foot long channels into which the 'pins' have been inserted generated an absolute shitload of the stuff.

It was in the hall, the bathroom, even the living room (which I'd attempted to seal off as best as I could). Still, not feeling too bad, especially since Moon dust made its way through the seams of the NASA space suits worn by the Apollo astronauts.

On the way home from work I bought a mop, in a sort of attempt to arm myself for the worst when I got home.

OK, it wasn't too bad. The Kitchen's pretty much finished now, and the Drilling/Pinning is done, and the guys had made a good fist of attempting to clear up. Still, everything was covered in shit.

I cleaned the kitchen a bit, and then filled the bucket to clean the bathroom floor. I picked up a bit of speed and had a crack at the hallway, and yep, everything started to look black and shiny again. The study (well, half of it) and the front door was next.

It was only when I stopped to admire my handiwork that I realised my crass mistake: brick dust isn't soluble, so what I'd succeeded in doing was make a kind of brick-dust 'paint' which looked OK when wet, but left interesting brick-dust patterns when it dried.

I can't seem to get rid of it, and so I'm considering turning my flat into a theme park called 'Dust Land', where children can come and play in the dust and eat dust-flavoured ice-creams.

Work

Mainly jQuery and something involving JSON. Also nearly finished a set of sites, and am upgrading a photo slideshow thingy on the server

Anything else?

No. It's all covered in dust. There is nothing else.

Comments

  1. It will get into your laptop & f**k it up good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment